Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When is it OK to ask about 'post' help

Camgal_59

My MasterCam rep recently replaced the person that does their tech work. The new person told me "We no longer support version 9". [Yes, I have X3, haven't been using it yet due to transfering my tooling libraries, posts, etc]

Anyhow .. I have a Lathe post, version 9.1, for my Okuma Captain which I have been 'tweaking'. I still have a few things I'd like to change, but haven't come up with the method to make it happen!

Since I have communicated with my MasterCam retailer, is it now OK to ask for help from this forum? [if not ... I will continue the battle on my own!!]

Thanks Del~! (and everyone who has posted while I was writing this!!)

Here is what I am trying to make happen.

My Okuma-Howa post [this machine has a Funuc 10T Control] posts out the RPM with G96 after a tool change as below:

G00 T0100

G00 T0101 M23

G50 S500

"G96 S400" M03 ** This is what I want! **

G00 X6.4 Z1.75 M08

X6.2

G01 X-.0315 F.01

The Okuma Captain [OSP-P200L control) post like this: [note .. the mach requires G50 line to be called out before the tool change or else an alarm occurs]

(G50 line is a few line above this ..)

G0 T010101

"G97 S110" M03 *** I want to have the G96 S200 here - eliminating the G97 call out **

G0 X6.9362 Z.8819 M8

"G96 S200" ** put this where the G97 is **

G95 G1 X1.319 F.01

G0 Z1.0919

I want to eliminate the G97 called out and go straight to having G96 called out in this place.

I haven't been able to discover what I need to change in the post to make this happen. At this time, I have to hand edit my program at every tool change .. except those that I WANT the G97 .. or else my operator will waste time doing this on the floor.

Any thoughts??

Ohhh .. this thread got moved! Couldn't find it right away!

John,

Here is the info you asked for:

# Post Name : OKUMA CAPTAIN

# Product : LATHE

# Machine Name : GENERIC FANUC

# Control Name : GENERIC FANUC

# Description : GENERIC FANUC LATHE C-AXIS POST

# Mill/Turn : YES

# 4-axis/Axis subs. : YES

# 5-axis : NO

# Subprograms : YES

# Canned Cycles : YES

# Executable : MPL v9.13

Why are you running a Fanuc lathe post with an OSP control? Is this a live tool machine? if not I shudder even thinking about using that post for straight turning in an OSP; does it support LAP at all? Seriously, the amount of editing in that post is going to be way excessive just to make it work like MPLOKUMA does out of the box.

The stuff you're asking for is pretty easy; if nobody else gives you the answer in the next hour I'll throw it up here, gotta run right now, though

quote:

Why are you running a Fanuc lathe post with an OSP control?

Good question! THIS is the post that my RETAILER originally gave me for this machine!

They had altered the post for an Okuma Captain Mill Turn Lathe. Our lathe does NOT have live tooling.

Jo,

It may be better to use this post

[post_VERSION] #DO NOT MOVE OR ALTER THIS LINE# V11.00 E1 P2 T1124227469 M11.00 I0

# Post Name : OKUMA OSP7000 2X LATHE.PST

# Machine Name : OKUMA

# Control Name : OSP7000 (OSP-U100L)

# Description : GENERIC 2 AXIS OKUMA /W LAP3 CYCLES

# Mill/Turn : NO

# 4-axis/Axis subs. : NO

# Subprograms : NO

# Canned Cycles : YES

# Executable : MP 11.0

Jo,

just went and talked to the new post guy(Norb)he said that was the first post that he sent by mistake and sent you the right one 20 mins later. This is a copy of the header from the one you should use.

# Post Name : OSP5020

# Machine Name : OKUMA BIG BORE CADET

# Control Name : OSP5020L

# Description : OKUMA LATHE POST FOR CADET W/OSP CONTROL

# Associated Post :

# Mill/Turn : NO

# 4-axis/Axis subs. : NO

# Executable : MPL

Chris K,

Thanks for posting! I've sent an e-mail to you. I do not want to have to start over with a new post when the one I now have only needs some minor tweaking!

Chris M,

Tried your post. It will work for my Okuma Cadet that was lacking a post! However, as I would still need to alter that post a bit for our Okuma Captian, I am going to continue to plug away with the post I have. Thanks again for your help .. small world, huh?

cheers.gif

Indeed; Federal Mogul owes me a beer if I am ever out that way

If you have some specific issue on tweaking the old one throw it out here and I am sure that you'll get some help double quick; I had a lot of help from this forum when dialing in my posts.

A beer??

.. Heck .. if you get in this neck of the woods ..

.. I'll add in a charcoaled Johnsonville brat with fried-onions on a Sheboygan hardroll, with fried cheese-curds on the side!

Perfect complement to that beer!

cheers.gif

(same goes for John Paris!)