Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam "local settings" temp folder.

?Mark

This temp folder is in addition to the one located in the MC folder. It's located in "documents and settings"/"local settings" folder.

I use a pc with a 75 gig hd at my work and I went from 50 gig of available space to less than a gig in less than 2 weeks. eek.gif

Needless to say my pc become useless...

Here is what seems to be happening:

I've been working on some very complicated thin walled tubes. Regeneration times are very long and very often I'd get out of regeneration by pressing "escape" (to make some refinements to toolpath parameters). Those are mostly finish contour and flowline 5 axis toolpaths. It seems that everytime I escaped from "regenerating" MC created very big files in a "local setings" folder that eat up my hd in a matter of several days.

Has anyone else seen it?

Aside from manually deleting it, is there a way for mc to purge this folder?

Thanks

cheers.gif

quote:

Go into config > toolpath settings and adjust the keep regen files parameters to what you'd like.

those are not the same reg files (they're in the mc folder). The one I'm talking about are in a totally different place and are not controlled by those settings as far as I can tell.

Chris

Thank you for logging this issue.

Sorry that will delete files from 'temp' folder only.

The following command should be used instead

RMDIR /S/Q C:McamX3commontemp

md C:McamX3commontemp

/s: include all subdirectories

/q: will NOT prompt before delete

That will completely delete 'temp' folder without prompting and ask question if you want to delete or not in each folder.

And make new directory called 'temp'.