Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

operations manager - toolpath editor

Ployd

I was trying to edit a toolpath that had a couple funky moves. So I right clicked the op in the operation manager and selected toolpath editor.

I may be missing something, but if you toggle through the pass or cut to get to the unwanted pass it takes forever. The little blue line slowly moves around the cut until you get to the next pass. Am I doing something wrong or is it really that slow to use.

I adjusted my contaimnet boarder to correct the problem, but was wondering if people use it and am I doing something wrong.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use it on occasion but usually I'm removing an entire pass (like on surface rough pocket) or editing a feedrate at a particular point. If you have a lot of little move to remove it is rather time consuming and I've not found away around the tedium.

Sorry.

Sometimes I just want to remove a pass or two at the end of the program. But it might take you 20 minutes to get to that pass just to delete it. I don't get it. Seems like a good feature but I thought maybe I was missing something. Thanks CNC

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You must have "point" instead of "pass" selected. It works well for what you're trying to do - if I'm reading correctly. biggrin.gif Leave point at "1" and scroll through passes using the up and down arrows.