Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC Tool Holder Tightening Fixture

Dave.L

Greetings All, offtopic.gif

My company has developed a product for CNC mill tool holders called “Versa-LOK”. It can be viewed on our website: http://www.experienceamt.com/versa-lok/

I thought many users may find this product interesting since we developed this based on our own needs.

Thanks for looking.

PS, I was hesitant to post this but I could not find and forum policy against it.

Now THAT is a proper holder! Certainly designed by an experienced user with a good sense of functionality and design.

Looks like it has all the features I have several different lousy fixtures for. I really like the quick locking ring thingy.

Looks dynamite too!

hey your in OP, I'm from Amherst.

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your comments and complements on our Versa-LOK product.

Quote: “what the heck is that guy putting 600ft/lbs of torque on?”

This is actually an interesting story. The customer has all the same mills that use all the same retention studs so at one point they used Locktite on the studs (hundreds of tool holders). Then, they decided to use studs with RF chips and needless to say, they could not get the old retention studs out. By using our Versa-LOK and an impact gun, they removed all the old retention studs. We don’t promote this but no damage was done to the Versa-LOK.

Although the product looks pretty, we only use aluminum for the housing. This tool is really built like a tank. All mechanism / load bearing parts are hardened tool steel. We have several hundred in use now throughout the world and we have not had any warranty claims yet and I don’t expect to.

HSK models are next up for development but I don’t have a production date at this time.

We have a promo on Ebay now, so, if you are interested a few dollars can be saved there. Also, I will extend a 30-day money back guarantee to any forum member that orders direct (not thru a distributor).

Thanks again, I appreciate your feedback.

-Dave