Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

error in boolean formula

Philcott

Hi,

I was trying to post using mplfan.pst and got an "error in boolean formula" (post line #1685) error. I am just roughing and finishing a simple groove with two different tools. Any thoughts on what the error is all about?

Mcam ver8.1.1

By the way is posts fine using a different post but I have other issues with the other post.

Phil

DO NOT simply delete that 'else' line, that may cause the post processor to update the 'previous position' data, without actually moving to that position. James Mayette and several post editors at CNC Software should be able to verify that I am an experienced post processor editor. Deleting that line may cause the tool to hit the part at rapid feed, you should instead insert the suggested comma.

Downloading the update is the best idea, though.

[ 07-11-2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Christian Raebild ]

Christian,

I have to disagree with you here, as this was a known bug in V8.1 and with you being a Dealer I would ASSUME you knew this also. Adding a comma to the else would be just as dangerous as deleting it completely. Without knowing the intention of the postwriter it's impossible to say exactly what to do, but seeing that post was written here and is a known problem, deleting the else was the fix and adding a comma would just cause more problems.