Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Setup Sheet

Ocean Lacky™

quote:

"Paying for maintenance should be only for upgrades, not fixes to a release already purchased."

+1

When we buy this software it should work, and yes, I mean ALL features. If not, it should be fixed free of charge.

+1

Also X3 MU1 is NOT bug free.

I don't know why it's so hard to get a good first release version of MC when we do have so many beta testers using it daily and reporting back to QC, myself included!

It's ALL about marketing now and SALES!

Since X it's been the same for every release it's full of bugs and a MU is allready in devolpment.

Get the marketing and sales guys at CNC to back off and hey here's an idea release a product that everyone is actually happy to pay maintanence for.

I'd like you guys to mention these other softwares that have as many bugs in them as MC

I dont use any other software that has as many bugs in it as MC does.

[ 06-19-2009, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: DavidB@Rosebank-Engineering ]

I won't be paying maintenance this year, so will miss the MU for X4. I haven't had much time to beta test lately so I suppose technically I share some of the "blame".

Having said that I am firmly of the opinion that more frequent service packs are needed to fix bugs whether someone is on maintenance or not.

I know all software has bugs, but that is not an acceptable reason to bundle the bug fixes with the improvements.

Bruce

quote:

I haven't had much time to beta test lately so I suppose technically I share some of the "blame".

Unless you are employed by the software company, and I don't think you are, a beta tester is not "to blame".

Beta testers (to my knowledge) provide free service to the software companies. Pretty good deal for them biggrin.gif