Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

turning a square hole into a round one

MikeMech

I have used mastercam in a simple method for a while now. but today, I want to turn a square hole into a round hole at the bottom of my project.

Square at the top of part is 2x2 inch.. round hole at the bottom is 1.57 inch. So I tried cone. I can not turn the top round section into a square. I tried to create a sqaure at the top of part, and wanted to create a circle at the bottom of the part, but I have not figured out how to make a create at the bottom of part. then I would just join them with a flowline it seems. I need the transition to be smooth from top to bottom. So the top square would turn into a nice smooth circle about mid section and funnel down to the 1.57 at the bottom. I have 2.5 inch of distance top to bottom also..

thanks for any direction... even if you just tell me what help section to read. I tried searching the forum too.

create your circle and square at proper z depths.

looking in top view plane, break the right side line in half.

use ruled surface and chain the circle first, seeing which direction the arrow is pointing.

select the square so that the arrows are pointing in the same direction and are on top of each other. this will sync the geo together as well.

if the arrows are pointing in different directions it will be a total mess. if not synced it will looked twisted.

hth

Welcom to the forum!

cheers.gif