Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cmm point data

kujo763

I am looking for a way to get point data out of our cmm software, Calypso v4.8. I need the target point and deviation point into X4 for our customer. I have no idea on the cmm side, and neither does our new cmm guy! Anyone familiar with that particular cmm software? I have 2 blocks with 100 hits per block i don't want to hand type all the points and the customer doesn't either.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

You will want to look for an actual file or captured point file made by the CMM. Does it export it out to an Excel program? If it does you could copy that put it in an txt program then using the ansii reader you can read in the data that will make points in Mastercam based off the actual points.

This company I work for called Verisurf has some really cool tools to do this. This is one of my other log in on the forum.

www.verisurf.com