Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 lathe problem with depth cuts is THIS a bug?

Deleoan

Hello to all, this is my very first post so I will apologize in advance if I am not clear with my problem. I am trying to remove material from round stock with the exception of 3 tabs 120 degrees apart. I am using c-axis contour with 3 chains. the problem I am having is in parameters/ depth cuts: I want "by depth" not "by contour" however, everytime I change it, it reverts back to "by contour" only after I click the "ok" radio button. I never see it happen I can look at linking parameters or any other item on the tree and go back it is still on "by depth". After clicking apply and/or ok I notice that the operation is not "dirty" no need to re-gen. but I will re-gen anyway. It doesn't matter. I go back to depth cuts it is on "by contour" again. banghead.gif Can any one explain this? Is it a bug? Oh yeah sorry for all the "quotes" just thought it would be eaiser to "understand" lol. here is the other issue and I will try to make it brief: The start of my countours are -.576 from origin and end at -1.131

so why when I choose top of stock, does it register as 0.576 and depth of zero? headscratch.gif It still posts in the negatives in fact it runs on machine just fine with the exception of all the arbituary moves. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

ok, yesterday it did not matter if I had top of stock and depth on incremental or absolute, would not change a thing. today I changed it and works fine. numbers match, but still can not get by depth to work. I guess it is copy and paste operations time, setting each to different depths. only way I can think of to get it to do what I want.

This has been happening to me in mill 2D paths as well. The by depth/contour buttons do not want to stick. The only workaround I found was to change the DOC then turn off depth cuts, then turn them back on, re-apply my original DOC then change to by contour/depth. Then blue apply.

YMMV

I'm really getting tired of the X4 bugs!!