Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing multiple toolpath groups when creating an operation library

Snehal Shah

Dont' know if you all know about this work around but thought I'd mention it. It pertains to importing and exporting toolpaths.

For example lets say you have 2 toolpath groups named (TEST1 and TEST2 respectively) and you have a couple of operations in them. If you right click and select "export" it will show all the operations and toolpath groups being exported. However, if you then right click and "import" all the operations you exported are in one group.

The workaround is before you export your operations save your file as an MCX. Then rename the .MCX as .operations.

Then right click on the mouse in the operations manager and select "import". All the toolpath operations along with the toolpath groups will come in.

[ 07-18-2009, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Snehal Shah ]

i use this method for having my mpmaster based post the DEFAULT one.......meaning, when i go to actually edit default toolpath settings, i am using the mpmaster machine def, axis combo, etc.......

do this by renaming the mill_inch.operations file by using MCX for the extension. then open the file normally to make your changes to default settings. save your file then rename it back with the OPERATIONS extension.

probably not the preferred way to make changes, but someone may find it usefull.

quote:

Then rename the .MCX as .operations.

Hey better still, you don't even have to rename it, import sees .mcx's too. In the import dialog there just use the folder thingy to navigate to a directory with mcx's in it. They'll all be in the drop down then. smile.gif

Now if we could just get the green check to execute AND exit the import function. banghead.gif

Hey how about putting a blue plus there...execute and leave open. Green check execute and exit. Just like EVERYTHING else.

You can also open up any .operations or .defaults file, just like any MCX file.

Go to File - Open. Change the file type to "all" and then browse to your .defaults or .operations file.

I use this to merge several defaults or operations files together.

For example, I just got done updating our .defaults files from X2 into X4. I was able to take our existing file, open it "as an MCX" file, then import the new FBM, FBD, 2D High Speed, ect. into the MCX file. I was able to import these operations directly from the new .defaults file. No intermediate step is required.

Then you just save it and rename it to .operations when you are done.

I find that there are a lot of operations these days.

I took the "2D Toolpaths" group and broke it up into 3 groups.

We have "2D point toolpaths", "2D Chain toolpaths", and "Router and Misc Toolpaths" now.

It makes it much easier to manage the files...