Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis posting problems

shook2009

I'm an entry level programmer and I'm using Mastercam X1 at work. The place I'm working at is a mold shop that in these hard times are making non-plastic parts for different industries. The senor programmer I work with designs molds and writes programs in version 9.

The senor programmer/moldmaker/mold designer has very little multi axis programming experience...in his world he has kellered and worked mostly with 3 axis machines...he moves all of his geometry to suit what he is doing and edits the post, which is a different post than what i'm using, get the angle rotation he desires....finds out what angle by going out the the machine and indicating the part.

The problem I have:

I wrote a program with 4 planes...rotates along the X axis.

The WCS's has the X positive direction going toward the rotary table mounted in a 3 axis machine. the tabble is set up on the right side of the machine...with the part fixture on the left side.

Plane #1 Toolpath coordinate system has Plane 1 in the Working coordinate system, theTool plane and the Construction plane.

Plane #2 Toolpath coordinate system has Plane 1 in the Working coordinate system and Plane 2 in the Tool plane and the Construction plane.

Plane #3 Toolpath coordinate system has Plane 1 in the Working coordinate system and Plane 3 in the Tool plane and the Construction plane.

Plane #4 Toolpath coordinate system has Plane 1 in the Working coordinate system and Plane 4 in the Tool plane and the Construction plane.

The X, Y and Z directions in each plane are correct. I checked it many times looking for the problem. X positive on all planes toward the rotary table.

It verified correctly...however when I posted it and ran it Plane 2(90 Deg.) and Plane 4 (270 Deg.) were reversed.

I think there is a problem with the 4-axis post that they have.

What did i do wrong?

sincerely,

Bill

If you have an X generation post,

go into the machine definition/A axis properties

and change the direction of rotation.

Be sure to releoad your machine def after the change.

Do it from Settingd/ Machine Def.. not

OPs Manager/Edit..

If its a V9 post updated to X, its going to require a post edit

I was looking at the rotary today....I was looking at the face of it. I took a marker and marked 0 degrees at 3 O'clock, 90 degrees at 12 o'clock, 180 degrees at 9 o'clock and 270 degrees at 6 o'clock.

Then, I set the A zero to match zero degrees. Rotated it around and when i reached 90 degrees on the handle jog....the table was at the 6 o'clock mark (270 degrees).

Is it possible that the Rotary table was wired wrong to the machine?...I think it was wired backwards.

Why do you have Plane 1,2,3,4 for WCS on all of your tool planes. Unless I misunderstand what you are trying to do you should have WCS set to Top on all of your operations and only your TC/planes should be set to Plane# 1,2,3,4. If you want rotation moves always leave WCS set to top and only rotate you TC/planes. Also I would download the free mpmaster machine def and post. It will give you the correct code if your planes are set up correctly