Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renishaw in Miami area

Leandro

We deal with a company by the name of Sheffco, Inc. in Michigan. A new OMP-40 cost $3000. If I send them a smashed up one, they will send a new one for $1000. (Pricing may vary!!!)

I was told Renishaw doesnt actually repair anything, they just want it back to smash it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You'd be surprised what parts they can salvage from them. Even ones that have been treated like Chris treats his probes eek.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

j/k Chris. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

quote:

Oh, man, you should've seen one of the MP700s that my night shift trashed awhile back; the thing was L-shaped...ouch!!

biggrin.gif

Big Mazak with custom monster T-column and Z not all the way back home with MP700 in the spindle when the operator rotated B axis at 100% rapid. eek.gif 50 taper spindle adapter was all that was left in the spindle. MP700 body coming down the auger and then going up the conveyor and out into the chipbucket.

ooooooops tongue.gif

Ok,ok. Now I understand. I suppose we are the only one that hit our probe. Now I see you have the same problem.

In Southamerica there is no Renishaw Service. the representative only sell new probes (US6700,- each)

I think for me is cheaper take my probe to the USA, visit a nice place and returns with a repaired one to Argentina.

Thank you very much for all the information.