Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bump nesting ribbon bar question

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to customise the bump nesting ribbon bar, in the nesting on X4?

I want to be able to drag nested parts around the sheet. At the moment it will only copy the parts - resulting in more parts than needed in the nest obviously.

The help menu shows a green 'customise' button, but this seems to be absent.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

Hello Nick,

To drag nested parts all you need to do is click the Move button (fourth button from the left) on the Bump nesting ribbon bar. Clicking this button will switch you out of “copy” mode and into “drag” mode. You don’t need to customize the bump nesting ribbon bar to drag nested parts.

The Customize button should only be available from the Nesting Results dialog box and only when you are nesting geometry (as opposed to toolpath nesting). It opens the Customize dialog box where you can edit nesting parameters and lock in or delete selected parts from the sheet.

On my machine, I don’t see a reference in the Help topic to the Customize button when I click the Help icon on the Bump nesting ribbon bar. The only Help topics that should reference this button are the following:

[*]Nesting results dialog box topic (under the green Additional options for geometry nesting results link on the About this dialog box tab and on the Field Definitions tab)

[*]Bump Nesting topic (under the green Locking Parts link).

If this is different on your machine, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing Mastercam!

Wendy Fish

Technical Writer

CNC Software, Inc.

• 3 weeks later...