Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardinge SR200 MSY reference sites

Daniel Harris

Hi All,

I have a prospective customer who has this machine and is looking for a reference site using this machine w/ MC.

It would be ideal if you had the same machine , but something similar would do also.i.e Main Spindle,Sub-Spindle, C-axis on both spindles , Y axis and live -tooling (and bar feeder).

Thanks in Advance

Ok I am really not trying to be the antagonist here. Do you really understand the can of worms you are putting yourself in for??

If it is a single turret for both spindles then not that bad still not fun, but not as bad as a dual turret for both or upper and lower turret machine in which I will tell you to look at Partmaker. I like the Mastercam product, but MMT is such a sore subject that it will take years for me to ever feel comfortable telling anyone to look at Mastercam for doing this type of work. I get it done, but I know we what are lacking so badly it is not even funny. I program our Mazak MSY 250 with it from time to time, but really let our set-up guy do programs for it most times since he is a good Mazatrol guy.

Can it program this type of machine? Yes.

Will it be such a learning curve that you will never hear the end of it? I give that about 90% odds of Yes.

Can you do some trick stuff with Mastercam? Yes.

Do you need to be a top notch programmer? 1000% Yes, if not be ready for some growing pains using Mastercam.

Partmaker is heads and shoulder above Mastercam when it comes to these types of machines and if they had a product ready today to test today I give it 24 months before it would be something you would want to sell to customers. Again what do I know I have only been machining for a little over 20 years and they have been making the software longer so take what a crazy person says for what it is worth.