Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Small endmill

Alain Maltais

Hello guys,

I need to cut a die with a small endmill. I bought a .047" x .050" of cut endmill from harvey tool. #31047-C6

Im gonna cut low carbon steel on a router machine. I can run from 18 000 - 24 000 rpm ( or below 18k too)

Anyone could suggestion me RPM and feed. I was thiking of 24000rpm and 4.8 "/min. And probably .005-.010" depth of cut with ramping about 3/8" depth total?

Time is not a issues, I just dont wanna burn that tool tool. Im will be using blowing air alot.

Thanks

I would drop your depth of cut to .001 or to no more than .003. I would try to find some feed/speed info at the tool manufacturer's web site or look at a competitor's site that has a similar size tool. I think you should max the rpms but you need to keep a correct chip per tooth feed rate.