Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal post

Surface

I made the jump when upgrading from V4 to V5 and have been using the same post processor ever since. Over the years, I've done a ton of work to this post and almost everything works just the way I would like them to. (I had some problems with fourth axis federates and never got around to fix'n em)

As CNC software's MPmaster and Fadal processors have evolved, I have modified some of my changes to match their updates, (e.g. Mis Integer values) thus keeping things similar enough that a change won't kill me.

Fixture offsets is one change that I never kept up with. I am still using Mi1, and that is becoming a problem. So I am thinking about scraping my old post, getting a fresh one, and begin the process over again.

Although I have not yet upgraded to V9, will that post processor work with V8? Does anyone have a copy that they would share with me?

the version 8 post is made for either with a G92, or fixture offsets E#'S. This does require the use of the misc. integers. and in version 8.1.1, the misc integers it would tend not to remember them from one tool to the other so you had to check the settings on every tool. this may be overcome by setting default misc integers in the configuration of mastercam.