Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is my backplot offset from verify?

Deleoan

Hello all,

X4 lathe

Does anyone else have this problem? backplot fine, code fine, but verify way off? (only in c-axis).

Facing, grooving, profiling, ect. all verifies just fine. only c-axis is off.

I program from a solid, I never move the solid, I just create a new wcs. Is this the problem? It seems to me that verify is always connected to the mastercam origin, not the wcs that I create.

The difference that the verify is off in c-axis is exactly the distance that my origin is from the system origin. Should I move the solid to mastercam's origin instead of creating new wcs?

[ 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Deleoan ]

Thanks for your reply Superman, I gave it a try, however it still does not solve the problem I am having. banghead.gif

my stock is in the correct position in both backplot and verify. Every operation (except c-axis) works for both. the c-axis toolpaths are not correct (only verify), but backplot and code just fine. In this case my wcs is .511 from world home. In order to see the path in verify I have to set my depth of cut an additional

-0.511. (only in c-axis face contour) otherwise in verify tool never even touches part.

2-00800SH027-0-2.png

As you can see above the backplot is correct.

2-00800SH027-0badver.png

However this is the closest the tool gets in verify under the same parameters. notice also the taper in the verified part? The backplot shows no taper as per programmed. headscratch.gif

quote:

Try to uncheck "center on axis" in verify options

Mike, tried that...still no change. Does no one else have this problem?

Is it how I am setting up my wcs? I program all profiles wcs top as well as t/c. but I program c-axis wcs top t/c right.

Is this where i am going wrong? I have had no training in mastercam. but I never had problems in version 9. But x3, x4, serious issues.

2-00800SH027-0planes-1.png

[ 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Deleoan ]