Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Waterjet Brand ?

SLJ

We've been real happy with our Flow Waterjet,

http://www.cvm-inc.com/cvm_004e_facilities...hines_flow.html

The only thing we don't like is their software.

We've been using Mastercam to program with a new post for Flow.

Mastercam's nesting is tons better than Flow's.

Now if the nesting would translate the toolpaths at the same that would be something!(Are you listening CNC?) cool.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

We use OMAX Waterjets. They work well for us. They were down alot before we bought their pumps. Now they are quiet, and run, and run, and run. I guess when they were first purchased, we opted to buy our own pumps to save a few bucks (BAD idea) and we had problems. Now we've had the new pumps for over 1 month and not so much as a problem. We draw the stuff in Mastercam, and use OMAX software to do the path. Not sure why.

JM2C

James

I was at a Omax dealer a year or two ago and I asked why they created the actual program with Omax software and I was told that the have their own feedrate calculation program that takes in to account the material type thickness ect. to create a program feedrate that gives the desired accuracy in any given material