Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam X4 on Mac Book

haasvf2

I can only imagine all of the benefits on the programming end. But how about a sometimes larger issue:

Business+Multiple computers+Microsoft operating system=Staffed IT employee required

IT employee=All software needs to be mananged and maintained by such employee

How is Macs performance in the office place?

quote:

How is Macs performance in the office place?

Great! People in the office have no complaints. Microsoft office is made for mac so it integrates real smooth like. Then with my cad comp running osx server, I use it as a xgrid super computing host to steal all of the other macs performance (they don't need all of it anyway). With solidworks and mastercam running in a virtual machine, the cpu clock speed is based off of the active cluster super computer. I can reach theoretically 55.98GHz off my cluster. Virtual machines also know no bounds in power. Yea, my graphics won't be as nice as your native windows machine. But I don't care. I just want to churn and burn data.

To set up xgrid, you just click the xgrid button on the osx server machine and name it something cool and a password. Then with all your other macs on the network, just open xgrid in the system menu and connect using bonjour. That simple. Plus it has a neat gauge that tells you how smokin the cluster is biggrin.gif

Plus my folding at home score is amazing! biggrin.gif