Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

over riding files in configuration

Jason B.

I have selected a certain path for my NCI files in my SETTINGS - CONFIGURATION dialogues but they don't work. It will keep going to what is in the control definition manager. Am I doing something wrong?

Or why would they have a setting for you like it has been for a long time in the configuration settings, that we are all used to, if it gets overridden by the control definitions manager? Why would there be two places to set this? Am I missing something here? You can set many file types in the SETTINGS - CONFIGURATIONs that are duplicated in the control definitions manager. Why is this a better idea?

I'd really like to not ever have to deal with the control and machine definition manager as much as possible since they are of no good use to me and are a pain in the but. Is there a chance we will ever see an option to turn these things off and get back to the NC UTILITIES option that was MUCH more easy to use and caused people to actually be productive?