Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal indexer to use with my Quintax Router

ERIC14779

I am looking for a horizontal rotary indexer that has a 4 sided tombstone that each side measures about 10" wide and 16" long.

I have 3 fixtures that I want to mount on one of three sides of the tombstone. So I can cut each part rotate 90 degrees and cut the next all in one program using program stops (manual index).

I will also need to supply each fixture with vacuum to hold the parts (Thermoformed Plastic)

Any idea where to look for a "cheap" setup like this

This does not have to be as strong as the ones for milling machines, this is for a router, and I am cutting plastic. It just needs to be accurate in its rotation.

It can be either manually indexed or CNC.

I would get a super spacer. Put an Aluminum Frame on it. Make an end support and call it done. The problem with that manual indexers is the more weight the more force required to index them and not sure how much force a router could exert without tripping out servos also I like using a pin not a tool for these type of things so yes it become semi automated, but again I do not think they have the force capable to do it. You could look at a servo driven 4th axis with an external M code, but not sure what type of ROI you are looking for. I think best bang for the buck would be the super spacer for short runs, for longer runs I would look to a servo drive and spend the money on a fully automated process that gives you the ability to have un-attended run time.

HTH