Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 AND X4 INSTALLATIONS

no_mas

Was it wrong for me to install X4 if I didn't uninstall X3? Or any of the Maintenance Updates for X4? Could that have caused some recent problems I had with translating/rotating solids? A co-worker said he read it somewhere that X3 should be un-installed before installing the MU2 for X4?

No

I have V9 X, X2,X3, and X4MU2 on this machine with no problems.

If you are installing an X4 MU, you MUST uninstall

any previous X4 MU.. then install the new MU

ie.. If you're running X4MU1.. uninstall MU1 then install MU2

If you are starting fresh, install X4 then install MU2..

For the transform rotate problem.. try this..

Import your model.. save the file and close

Mastercam.. open up again and try your transform rotate.

quote:

A co-worker said he read it somewhere that X3 should be un-installed before installing the MU2 for X4?

Your co-worker read my post. Please let me clarify:

I was running X3, then I installed X4 side-by-side. I had no issues with X3 and X4 being installed.

Since the files are not backward compatable, I had no need to keep X3 on so I un-installed X3 and that screwed up my X4 installtion. Some how, registry key "dont ask" was removed. It took a day to figure this out. Everything from repair to un-install and reinstall did not fix it. Mike from CNC build this key manually and everthing was fine after.

bobh.. I may have given you bad info..

I just read the MU2 instructions on the Support download page.. and they DON'T mention

uninstalling MU1..

As a beta site we always ininstall MU1 before installing MU2.. that doesn't seem to be the case for the public release..

Maybe soemone from CNC can step in here and clear things up??

From the Info button next to the X4 MU2 download link:

quote:

Mastercam X4 MU2

Use this product to install Mastercam X4 MU2.

Mastercam X4 MU2 is a cumulative installation that contains all of the bug fixes in X4 MU1 and more. All of the translators have also been updated to the 2010 versions. This must be installed on top of Mastercam X4 or X4 MU1. If X4 MU1 is already installed on a system, the "Mastercam X4 MU1" entry in Add / Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Windows™ Vista and 7) will be replaced with the MU2 entry. If MU2 is uninstalled, your Mastercam version will be rolled back to X4.

You must have maintenance through 09-30-09 to run X4 MU2. The Mastercam.exe version number is 13.2.0.9.

Remember, all X4 or X4 MU1 third-party add-ons or CHooks need to be rebuilt with the Mastercam X4 MU2 SDK. Please contact your vendor for updated versions of these applications.

Edit: John U'r fast. smile.gif