Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool path 180 dgrees out

toy4x4

Hey all,

I have a part that I did a rough pocket on using a 1.25 flat endmill. I copied that tool path and selected a 1.0 flat endmill to get me closer to the bottom of the radius that I am cutting. The tool path for the 1.25 endmill posted fine. The program for the 1.0 endmill comes out with a different offset number and the program is turned 180 degrees in x, causing my part to be run backward. This is on a vertical mill. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Had the file re-sent to me to make sure someting was not corrupt in the file. I have checked my planes and they are all the same. I am still having the same problem with the new file.

Verify shows everything running correctly, but it is when I post the program that everything gets switched (x over x) and I get a G55 instead of G54.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

if any other operations in the file have the planes box enabled and checked to 0 all the subsequent operations will post at g55.Check them all to -1 and it should post g54.id go into view manager and see if there are any other toolplanes set or something like that.check the view manager and make sure none of the plane offsets have been switched.Once one operation has been enabled to post g55 the following ops must be manually switched back to g54 with -1 in the planes box.

Guys and Gals,

My problem still persists. The part that I am running is in a 4th axis rotary. The rotary table is setting on the far right side of my table with the chuck facing in x. My tailstock is on the far left side of my table. My YZ 0 is the center of my rotary, and X is the left end of my part at the tailstock. I want to cut the back side of the part (part rolled forward +90 degrees). I have checked my WCS and my WCS is set to Top, Tool plane is set to Back, and Construction Plane is set to Back. In Verify and Backplot it runs fine, It is when I Post the program that the program is turned 180 degrees, like the rotary is on the left side of my table and the tailstock is on the right. Is there a setting that might have got changed. I am at wits end. This only started Wednesday of last week. I did a system restore and it did not help.

Thanks in advance for any help. And thanks for the previous replies.

This is on a Haas VF-3.