Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation Import

McRae

I'm not aware of a default that can be set...but I am a new MC user. I have various OP9 files in one directory and MC remembers where I was last. So when I want to change to a different library, I click "change library" and I'm already there. Does this work for you? You should be able to put your OP9 files where ever you want, access them once and then MC will remember where they are. Is this what you were asking for?

Thad

[ 08-14-2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

Thad,

I keep returning to the default. I am also having a nightmare with one particular operations file that will not work.

The default location for the tooling and everthing else is set to the C:MCAM9 - Defaults at startup. Is this where Mastercam gets the directory location from??

Thanks,

Andrew,

Did you try Screen, Configure, Files, File Usage, Operation Library...you select which op is your default. There you can set the path to your default. Then when you want to change libraries, it should default to the folder you set up.

What other "nightmare" are you having with one of your OP files?

Thad

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Try Alt + C and use the setdirs. This will allow you to specify one location for the file types you choose. You can force Mastercam to use that C-Hook on startup.

HTH

Setdirs gives a global solution, if I edit the config file and set the path "Manually", then copy over the .prm and .op9 into the required directory, will this accomplish what I need?

So far, Glenn's solution is working not too bad, although I had a file lose its tools on export operations to group. Has anyone had this before and what is the mechanism of failure here so I don't repeat the same.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Andrew, you can pick and choose what MC looks for/saves to by setdirs.

You can select/deselect any or all MC9, NCI, PRM, OP9, NC, TL9, PST, and all the file conversion types.

HTH