Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 OR X4

JayMan

How an I tell what version i'm using? Up at the top it says Mastercam Design x4, but when it is coming up it still says x3, and there doesn't seem to be any difference (that i can see)between them, if it is x4, how can i change my icon to x4. it is on a network hasp....tks..J

Whenever you open the mastercam, whatever appears in the upper left hand corner is what version you are using, I believe.

If you want to create a new icon/shortcut. go to your drive c:(your version of mastercam) ie...mastercamx4 or x3. Then look for something that says....Mastercam.exe, right click on it and create shortcut, that should work. goodluck HTH

I would not relie on the symbol in the upper left hand corner. In Dec we were still using X3 but our hasp maintence license was do to be updated. When we updated, it changed our symbol in the upper left to X4. But we were actually running X3. In Feb we finally installed X4. I think your best method to determin your version number is to click About under your mastercam Help menu.

If it says Design or Mill in the upper left hand corner and you know you have different. I beleive it is do to the current Tool Bar state you are in. Are you Designing or Milling.

Hey mr jay bruner

I talked to christy the other day and she said they haven't put x4 on our machines yet but they did update something when they updated the license.

Maybe that's where the x4 icon is coming from.

I like talking to you throug the forum, at least I don't have to see you.

Joey