Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Subprograms

westerfieldc

Hey all, I am making a program that has a second probe program that check checks the finished part. So I'm looking for ideas of how you have done it. Currently I am making a new machine group making the program and then posting out the two programs and pasting them together and adding a G65 P whatever.

Thanks

Can I ask why you are doing that? Why are you not using the Additional drilling cycles customized as probing routines? You can customize them to work with any probing cycle your machine is capable of. Machine an edge then probe it to check it adjust your cutter comp for any difference have the while #100 > .001 goto N1 which take you back to the start of the cut. You could do the same for bores, surfaces, and all types of things. Doing it after the machining in some case could cause you more work, then if you did in process. Do a search there has been a few topics that covered probing and it use in the machine.

HTH