Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post class

mikeb

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Even though our reseller does not offer them specifically, money talks and you can usually get somebody to do something they would not normally do for some extra green.

If I had to guess why resellers for the most part do not offer them is for 4 reasons I can see;

[*]Liability

[*]Level Of Interest

[*]Difficulty

[*]Taking away from their revenue

Liability because if something goes catastrophically (is that even a word? biggrin.gif ) wrong, in our litigious (sp?) society, the finger (well, not THE finger, but you know what I mean) would go to the reseller and they'd say " HE told us to do it that way so they are liable...."

Level of Interest because this class would be hard to fill not a lot of people want to sit and debug code all day long for a few 8 hour days straight.

Difficulty because I teach a VERY LIGHT Post Processor class in my Advanced Mastercam class and it is above 90% of their heads no matter how basic I make it. It's a tough, dry subject unless you're really into it.

Taking away from their revenue, this is pretty self explanatory. Many resellers generate a fair amount of revenue from their post processors and may not want to teach it so they can loose revenue.

Those are my thoughts.

BTW, I've not sat in on any Post classes, I'd love to but I can't justify the cost. I'v sat under the tutledge of gstephens and a couple of other guys as well as spent a LOT of time on my own doing, reading, and learning, them.

Shopware Runs a Post class once a month.

If it has enough people signed up.

I have been signed up for there Solids class

And either they cancelled from lack of enrollment

Or I cancelled because I had to feed work to someone.

Oh boy, 196 hehehehee

[ 08-20-2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Tony ]

quote:

Is it offered at our reseller, somewhere more "local" for us?

i dont believe it is offered by our reseller. but yes, cncsoftware has a two day class on posts, check out their website for pricing and dates. i feel the price is reasonable. i was unaware that there was a cd? i do have the book, is the cd an updated version of the book?

and thanks for the replies

[ 08-23-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: mikeb ]