Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drill op gone wrong

fabriz

This can happen from time to time when you choose arc center and not an actual point. I've also seen it even more often on choosing an arc center as an entry point for pocket, when you regen it looses the point and defaults to X0Y0. This bug has been around a real long time and since its intermittent, Mastercam doesn't use the software enough to find it... its not been fixed for many years. I've seen enough parts scapped over the years to watch for it, and use actual points...the system will not drop those.

quote:

With selection method set to "Entity", and then select on the arc (not its center).

This method can help prevent unintended selections.

With X4 I have "clicked" two entities and end up with 5 points in my drill point manager. This usually happens when I'm having trouble highlighting the arcs in solid view. Changing to translucent will usually fix this problem but that in itself can be a pain if you have a busy part.