Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adjust feed on arc move?

Hugh.Venables

This check box is in Toolpaths, Job setup. I presume it should compensate feedrates around arcs. I tried it once before without success. I just had another go and couldn't get any sense out of it. When the toolpath in on the inside of the arc, the feed rate should slow. When on the outside, it should speed up. The amount of compensation is easily calculated from the ratio of cutter radius to job arc radius. What I get from checking the box is somewhat random, arbitrary, extraordinary, surprising, illogical feed rates. Has anyone managed to get it to work or found another way of achieving the same thing?

Thanks, Hugh.

Thanks Jim. It seems to me that the system is calculating the compensations incorrectly (grossly overcompensating). Sure, setting a minimum will stop ridiculously small feeds but the compensations still seem to be incorrect. No one has tried to reassure me that it does work yet, so I presume either no one has tried to use it or it really doesn't work.

Smit, I agree, it would seem more appropriate to have it optionable within operations.

Thanks, Hugh.

Thanks Jim. The really slow feeds are the main problem, but some that aren't all that slow are slower than they ought to be. Also slowing down when the cutter is on the outside is hard to understand. I presume it doesn't work. I'll just have to continue to edit them in manually. Took a couple of hours on the last job.

Hugh.

[ 08-26-2002, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Hugh.Venables ]

Hugh,

The High Feed button does allow for the feed rate to be adjusted with much better results on any number of operations at one time. Simply highlight the operations you wish to adjust and click on the High Feed button in the Ops Manager. This will make the change to the code of those toolpaths and "lock" those values in place. To revert to the original feed rate, "unlock" the operations and regenerate them. HTH biggrin.gif