Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC GRINDING

DODGERFAN

Holy 50 millionth Batman!

I used to work in a Machine Building shop. They used to make me hold .0002" on several different holes and features.

I'll never forget walking over to assembly one day and watching them hammer together some of the assemblies they asked me to hold .0002" on!

HAMMER!!! bonk.gifmad.gif

quote:

Their website says they have FORTY Jig Grinders and 12 Jig Borers. That is some serious Jiggin'!

Jig borers sell for what drill presses use to sell for..and Jig grinders sell for less than a Bridgeport all day long...pathetic really..My first Jig grinder came out of a shop with 35 moore jig grinders... owner died....

and if you ever buy one, buy a Moore #3 or G-18 because they have the double V ways, as they wear they stay more accurate as they just settle in to a V groove. Put a glass scale 50 millionths readout and you are good to go...was at an auction last week and a #2 sold for 6K, #3 (cable drive spindle)around 7K and G-18(electric drive spindle)9K...why pay that much for a #2 is beyond me...end of lecture.

was not that long ago a good used one was 40K...what a change 10 years can make.. bonk.gif

[ 05-19-2010, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Kevangel ]