Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

fanuc 15M #4120

medaq

I wanted to modify my tool change program #9006 to be more similiar to my fanuc 16i control.

In the 16i control it maintains the next staged tool in #4120. A simple #100=#4120 stores this value just fine.

My problem is, on the 15m control. It is always 0.0 when I try to call in the number. #100=#4120. If on the line after a tool change, I can grab the tool number going into the machine. So at some point the #4120 is being updated.

This is a hx300 kitamura machine. anyone out there have any experience with this machine/control that can help me find the staged tool value?

Typo on my part 4120 was the one you were using that the one I used sorry about that, but you are probably right about out of range the control will probably limit you to user parameters to call ni a program and not allow anything that high since they are considered machine parameters.

Thinking about it it would not be smart to call it that way. the way you were originally doing it is the correct way. The idea I had would not work and again thinking about it would strongly recommend against it.

The tool change ( O9006 ) is pretty simple.

what we had on the 16i control was this line.

IF[#4120EQ#517]GOTO40

What it did was, if the tool in the spindle is the same as the tcode m6 being called up. We would goto40, to skip all the g30x0y0.

So right now, we are getting unecessary movement when dancing a tool around the pallet. So trying to find a way, for the tool change macro, check if the tool is the same as the tool change line. and if it is to skip going to tool change home position.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, I've found that you need to grab the variable immediately following the tool change while in the macro. After you've staged youor next tool it's too late.

Its working now, thanks for the help.

I do have another question just maybe someone can help. I am assuming it is a parameter, but I have scoured the book looking for any kind of data set parameter.

For me to edit a common variable. I have to stop the machine go to mdi mode to make the numeric change.

Really need to find a way to edit variables with out stopping the machine biggrin.gif

The problem atm, I can access the macro variable page no problem. I just can not edit the number unless I am in mdi mode. Which means the machine has to stop. I assume, sicne I have never seen a fanuc do this, it must be a parameter.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

We don;t have to do that on the 16's, 18's, 21's, O's, 30's, 31's and 32's I've used. headscratch.gif

I change them on the fly all the time.

I know, I have never seen this before, this is a used machine. And to be honest, who ever was running did not seem like they knew what they were doing.

But we have a om, oi, 16i here and none need to be in mdi, just this 15m. Very weird biggrin.gif