Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th rotary help please

Sandybar

I have a file uploaded ont he FTP site in the X4 folder called Crossheadnonose.mcx.

I'm have trouble attaching this toolpath. Keeps going into the checked surfaces and not sure why.

Thanks in advance.

[ 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

I think the paralell to surface would work good and select the round surfaces as drive and the fillet surfaces as the single surface edge and leave the tool axis as normal to the round (drive)surfaces. Make sure you set it to do regions instead of lanes if you want to do both cutouts in one toolpath.

cheers.gif

I've a little hic-up with this part. Machined one side just fine.

Trying to machine the other side, the clearance start's on the bottom of the part the feeds to above the part, or Top before machining. What type of tool plane do I need to do to get the right tool Path?

Thanks

Hmmm,

You might check your links page and see what those are set to if you are doing both sides in one toolpath. I never use clearance area I just use distance because all of our parts are left in airplane coordinates and clearance won't work for those.

Worst case you may have to break it up in to two toolpaths.

Matt,

Thanks for your tip earlier on the gap settings, I haven't messed with those much. I will be able to use that sometime.

Sandybar,

Those clearance values come from the system origin only. Kind of cheesey if you ask me because you can only use them if your model is setting right where it will be on the machine at the system top origin.

The distance option was actually a tip from a coworker so I must give him that credit. Glad I could pass it along. I have only been doing 5-axis for about 6 months.

cheers.gif