Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

64 bit OS issue

scooch8292

Silly question here. Right now you have to open MC V9 and print to printer to get your dwg. correct? Why would it be more work to print to .PDF file then to printer?? Put the PDF print driver on the shop floor and let them convert as they go, and all new dwgs. from programming are PDF from V X4.

Not to be a smart xxxx, but what about some other options for getting all the conversions done? Short term job for a college student, mastercam rookie, tech savy kid? I've had great experience using cad/cam community college students for task oriented jobs such as this.

Cost compare your options with version x4 design LT and the shop floor doing it.

just a few ideas.

We've got other stuff in work also that will use these pdf's. We've got about 85% of a program done that will print out set up sheet instructions, tool library, inspection sheets and any other information that will be needed to get a job thru the shop and documented properly. It will print out the total work order with all the steps for each department in the plant. The planner will just need to click on an assembly # and the program will generate all needed documentation for the manufacturing of it. So the pdf's work very well in this scenario.

Chris, with the pc spec's you got listed there, I would never think you would be a smart a$$. LOL. I am sure my IT guy is reading this also, but we're kind of in a lock down on spending money here so don't hold your breathe on any offers. But thanks anyhow.

quote:

V9 draft and Win7 are not playing well together on the shop floor..

As I understand it, the win 7 is on the new machine in programming with X4, and the V9 draft is on the shop floor (appears with XP). I'm saying put the PDF converter on the floor and let them convert the old, while programming runs win 7 and X4 and puts out all new PDF's.

Gets em rollin for now.

I'm just writing the pdf's right out of X4 using the Cutepdfwriter as we go forward. IT is handling converting all the existing ones over. These inspection sheets are a duty of the programmers. We usually have a small amount of them available for the operators to use but when somebody uses the last one, the'll need to print out more. The programmers just need to have these inspection sheets available for the operators to use. We really don't want our operators converting files and things like that.