Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam to vericut interface WCS issues

alanu23

Anyone using mastercam to vericut interface with X4 on 4 and 5 axis programs? We just purchased it, and the vericut trainer set it up on 3 axis parts. worked like a charm if you have your tool planes set up top top top. but what about on say a horizontal part where I use top front front? when I bring it stuff into Vericut it always wants to put the part in as I set it up with the wcs in matching mastercam which is not situated right on the machine. Is there a setting in mastercam which will export top front front to basically top top top, do I have to trick it? I'm lost, and until I figure it out I will just keep on setting up my vericut sessions for 4 and 5 axis programs in Vericut alone. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

[ 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: alanu23 ]

So basically on more complex parts with top front front wcs the only thing you use the interface for is to load your nc, machine and control? then put your fixture and stock in and rotate them? Seems like there has to be a way to get the full benifit out of the interface.

Actually,

The posting has nothing to do with the mastercam interface. What is important is the WCS used to create your STL files. Your stl file need to be created using a WCS defined just like the axis of the machine will be when the part is on it.

quote:

Do you post them as top front to get your nc? Then switch it to front front to bring into vericut?

No. My bad on the desciption

To create code I use WCS top, T/C plane part-front X1.234, Y-20.1234, Z-19.1234 (or whatever)for B0.

I use WCS top, T/C plane front X0, Y0, Z0 to bring models into vericut.

In MC X0Y0Z0 is center of the machine pallet at MC origin. In Vericut XOY0Z0 is center of the machine pallet at the machine's home position. This is also the same setup of the Vmc's only using top planes.