Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

work offset & planes

generaldisarray

I just transitioned to X4mu3 from Xmr2.

I am using mpmaster 3/4horizontal post.

I was using a post created by update post from version9 in X.

Anyhow,When working in Mastercam and programming from centerline - with the part in 3d space as it appears on the tombstone.I programmed the first few ops on the left c-plane with a work ofset of 6. Then I swithched to a cplane I created still using WO6 and I get a message that says "work offset used on plane blah blah" and MXC4 crashes.

I was able to finish the part but every subsequent change in cplane brought on the message.

Is there a way to turn off this message.

I never had this problem in X

I thought I could just leave work offsets alone (left on -1)and mass edit them afterwards. But when I post the program I end up with different work offsets for the different angular positions(cplanes).WCS is left at top.

This is not what I want.

I want the same work offset throughout the program no matter the cplane.

gen

I thought I could just leave work offsets alone (left on -1)and mass edit them afterwards. But when I post the program I end up with different work offsets for the different angular positions(cplanes).WCS is left at top.

This is not what I want.

I want the same work offset throughout the program no matter the cplane.

If you're using the mpmaster post, go into the misc values page of the toolpath parameters and set misc integer #9 to one. This will cause the poist to lock on to the first work offset and ignore the the rest of the offset values of the other T/C Planes

CJep