Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to undo V7COLORS.dll

bbwoods

Kinda slow right now. I was messing around with c-hooks and selected V7COLORS.dll

Is there no undo for this in X4? This should be removed! What a bunch of hideous colors.

V7? Seriously? Why? C'mon maan!! I read about the fix for X2 but I got my config tweaked.

Why would it overwrite my config automatically without asking if I wanted to save it?

Those hideous colors are no different than the hideous colors that you had...they're just arraigned by shades.

There's a simple fix, but you'll have to search the forum (again) because I don't remember what it was. If you search the forum along with my member number, you'll find it. You won't lose all of your config settings.

FWIW, the tone of your complaint made me not want to even reply to it. Maybe it's just because I'm feeling a little under the weather today.

Thad

• 6 years later...

I know this is 6 years old now, but that link is gone and I made the exact same mistake. Can't find any info on it anywhere. Could anybody please help me out with this?

EDIT:

I went through and found the suggestion of temporarily removing the v7colors.dll file but unfortunately I cannot do that because of the lack of administrative privileges.  Any other suggestions?

Thad, yes I guess I must've had a typo or something though. No results until today, which I guess proves the point it's good to just step away sometimes.

JParis, I was able to do that but it wasn't saving to the defaults when I restarted Mastercam or even opened a new program. It wouldn't be a problem just annoying to have to make 5 extra clicks ;)

I tried creating a new configuration settings and still no luck. So I  played around with it for a while and found that checking the "Use Windows theme on Ribbon bar" in the color configuration settings did the trick.

Thanks to all!!