Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

extra tool staging calls

jgary

Can anyone tell me an easy way to get the post to see which tool is already staged, and if that is the one it wants to stage next, to not post the tool call for it. This is basically for when I do a force tool change, my post wants to stage the tool that has already been staged. In some cases when a tool runs faster than the next tool gets staged, the machine will sit there and wait until the tool is staged before it continues on with the program. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

Did you try using the post debugger?

Mpmaster posts like this out of the box.

tool 14 is my first tool. It skips the repeat tool and stages the next different tool. (this is using force toolchange)

T370 M06 ( 1/32 REAMER)

(MAX - Z4.)

(MIN - Z0.)

G00 G17 G90 G54 X.594 Y-1.3378 S8556 M03

G43 H370 Z4. M08 T14

G94

G98 G81 Z0. R.1 F6.16

G80

M05

G91 G28 Z0. M09

M01

T370 M06 ( 1/32 REAMER)

(MAX - Z4.)

(MIN - Z0.)

G00 G17 G90 G54 X-2.5723 Y1.8285 S8556 M03

G43 H370 Z4. M08 T14

G94

G98 G81 Z0. R.1 F6.16

G80 M09

M05

G91 G28 Z0.

G28 Y0.

G90

M30

%

Let me elaborate a bit... I am using force tool change to go to a safe position for rotating my B-axis. So when it rotates it is still using the same tool, and the next tool is still the same. If the operation on the first side is quicker than the tool staging, when the controller reads the duplicate tool staging call, it won't do anything until that tool gets into it's pot. If the program did not duplicate the tool staging, the machine would continue to run. Hope this makes sense..

I also use the force toolchange for other things like checking parts / tools, blowing parts out, and measuring features etc... this is done with misc integers. I have been manually editing these duplicate tool staging calls out, and would like to get rid of them thru my post.

I have used ref point in the past, but I have found using the tool change to work better for me..

thanks for the suggestions

I think that would work. I would just have to set the correct misc int in every toolpath. I was hoping I could do it in the post so it would not have to be done for each toolpath in mcam. I appreciate your thoughts on this subject and I will try it out if I can't figure another way.

Thanks

phsm1_on #must remain before G43

if mi3$ = 2, pbld, n$, "W0.", e$

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, next_tool$, e$ ########changed this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, e$ #######to this

if mi1$ = 0 <<<<<

n$, next_tool$, e$ <<<<<<

That is in the toolchange commom area of mpmaster post….

also near the bottom of the post in the misc integers section I defined mi1$

1. "skip stage tool"[0=off, 1=on] #<<<<<<<<<<<< added

leave it set to zero and you only have to change the toolpaths that you dont want the stage tool to happen on to a 1

tried to do something with "next_tool$" but it looks ahead to the next tool with a different number

Maybe someone with more post knowledge will be able to help you more.

Sure thing, it worked correctly for me so let me know if you have trouble.

The following is how it looks in the post.

code:

phsm1_on        #must remain before G43

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, e$

if mi1$ = 0

n$, next_tool$, e$ ########

pcan2 #Added so M and G codes in canned text will output before phsm2_on

phsm2_on #must remain after G43

sav_coolant = coolant$

if coolant$ = 1, sm09 = sm09_0

if coolant$ = 2, sm09 = sm09_1

if coolant$ = 3, sm09 = sm09_2

absinc$ = sav_absinc

pcom_movea

toolchng = zero

c_msng$ #Single tool subprogram call

plast

ptlchg0$ #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)