Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock advance in lathe

BenK

I’m trying to use Stock advance in lathe but I cannot get it to output the right code. I will be using a bar puller.

This is what I get.

G0X5.Z10.

T0100

M05

G97S0M05

G0X0.Z.25T0101

G0X5.Z10.T0100

M01

I need it to pull the stock out 3.200” I would like to figure this out in Mastercam. Anyone know how to get this to work

I had a post awhile back about using stock advance. I think JParis chimed in and said that he uses a custom drill cycle to pull bar with. It is a little bit of post editing, but it's well worth it. I've tried messing with the stock advance toolpath, and just haven't got it figured out.

Speaking from X2. These are the things that should be made easy in Mastercam. Simple things like a bar pull,feed to a stop, stock flip, part transfer. How hard can these really be to get corrected?

With any luck I'll be pleasantly surprised when X4 finally gets loaded up for me.