Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining groove on a cone

Candyman

Hi all whats the best way to machine a groove for plastic flow thats on a cone?

we have a 4th axit head with an angle plate so i can tilt it up to suit the cone angle then its basically a fany flow groove around it..but i need to come up with a basic toolpath that i can modify to do the job.. So in other words i need to substitiute y axis for A..

i have done similar with y substitution on a roll dia but this is a cone or taper if you like so im stuck with what toolpath to use.. i have the file for reference too...

yep absolutly it looks loke this

but it looks like you can cut your slots using the center line of your cutter..

my part is very similar but the slots are a little wider than the cutter so i would have to use a pocketing toolpath if this makes sense..

i would alto have to tilt my 4th axit up to suit the taper because my slots are perpendicular to the taper...