Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma program lost in memory

RDEMIDON

I have an Okuma VH40 with a OSP U100M control. The memory in the machine was 128K. I loaded a program in the machine that was 65K. The problem is the programs header was accidentally named "latch123.face.min". I think since there was the extra (.) in there it messed with the file because now the memory only shows 63K but there is no programs in any of the directories (MD1: or MD0:). Does anyone know a way to get the program to be seen and/or deleted out of the machine to get back the "lost" memory?

That's weird, usually on Okumas if you have more than 1 "." it will show the full name up to the first "." and the 3 characters after.

At least that's what I recall.

Can you go to File Operate/Rename then scroll up to the top window and type in the file name that you want, and then rename it in the bottom window to the correct name?

No matter what screen I look at, nowhere does it show the program. I tried to do a rename typing in the program name and renaming it but it says "no file found". Every indication makes it seem that the program is NOT in the machine except the memory size is small by 65K (the exact size of the program).