Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Timid operators

herbert west

Toby I hear you.

Why have a 120 tool changer if you're not going to fill it with an array of standard tools--and leave them there?

curse.gif I have the frustration of trying to program jobs with a 20 tool magazine and the job needs at least 30 tools, while I watch my boss fill a 120 tool magazine with 20 tools for one job 18 for another...

banghead.gif Sorry boss, but I know a better way.... banghead.gif

MCGuru,

It is difficult enough explaining the difference between TiALN for SS and TiN for Aluminum let alone HSM for both materials. rolleyes.gif

Personally 15,000 RPM at 900 IPM is more my cup of tea. Know what I mean?? biggrin.gif

We (as a country) have to stand and deliver if we are to compete with OVERSEAS trading. We must drive for success if we are to stay competitive in todays market. wink.gif

Manufacturing built this COUNTRY and it is time we do what made us GREAT!!!!! MANUFACTURE!!!!!! mad.gif

You have a PM MastercamGuru. wink.gif

it's a 2002 thread and it seems it was written yesterday. You guys have been friends this long?

Since our shop acquired their first thru-spindle-coolant VMC I'm having a hear attack every time I proof a program.

I have never used 1 1/2 drills before. So plunging them @ the speeds & feeds recommended seemed so ****ing scary. Yet I did and the sound it does when it breaks the chips made my heart skip every time. 2 years after and I still keep my finger on the HOLD button evry time I proof a program on that machine