Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A QUESTION

dhaniel

Dhaniel, you're better off asking your in the mastercam forum instead of instructor. The traffic there is a lot better... What level of mastercam do you have? You could machine surfaces in level 2 and 3, but you're limited to only a couple of surface toolpaths in level 1...

thanks mister rob:

you know, I have the level 3, I don´t know how really its forum works! but the memory in my cnc machine is lower than 60 k and the machining in the surface is much than 10 MB. A partner told me using wire frame as a tool path, the memory used for the machining is less, enough for download it in my CNC thanks for you response.

dhaniel

Kentucky,

Welcome to the forum... For the first part you need a Raster to Vector converter... There is also other software and freeware available. Do a search on the forum. It's a little more complicated when it comes to writing a code and toolpath. What kind of toolpath do you need, what kind of machine, what kind of control, what level of mastercam, etc, etc....

As I mantioned earlier, You're better off on the main forum. Start your own thread, and be specific.

BTW, unlock your caps. It is considered yelling.

hi friends

i am working in india, in one of the US based company as a programmer. v suppose to get all orders from US. some times they supposed to mention the drill sizes and etc with the syble of (#) eg. #7, #2, #8 like so.. still i get confeused how i can found that sizes. If #7 equal to what size... in convertion books avialable to findout such type of sizes. if anybody knows plz. let me know

thanx.

simon peter

Simon, post your questions in the main forum. You will get more and better answers. Few people pass through the instructors forum. You can order a decimal equivalent chart from Mastercam dealer. You can find a machinist's handbook as well but the chart will be much cheaper. A #7 drill is .201 diameter. You can also look here for a chart.

http://www.korit.com/tapndrill.htm