Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Processor

MrRogue

MrRogue,

We have 3 Milltronics machines, a MB20, MB25, & a BR50. All of them are centurion VI. A couple of the changes we made to our post was.

(1) We had to post out 5 decimal places

(ex. G00 X-.54872)

(2) We had to change the way It kick out the cutter comp.

G45 instead of G41 for cutter comp. left

G46 instead of G42 for cutter comp. right

G47 instead of G40 for cutter comp. off

I don't know if this will apply to the centurion IV

[ 09-19-2002, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Lucky 7 ]

Like these guys said the cent 4 controller is very similar to fanuc code. The centurian 4 is a bit older controller and does do a few things differently. I would have your reseller start with the mpez post processor, the mpfan has a lot of stuff that the cent 4 won't support, and the things that will need some attention are the cutter comp and drill cycles. The drill cycles are very different. I used to run a centurian 4 controller where we had an old post, I never went through the trouble of creating a new post I would always just use the "run old" function.

good luck

I agree with Roger, the Mpez post is a very good starting point for creating a post procesor for an older control, as the Mpez post processor does not contain the multi axis and transform subprogram support the Mpfan and Mpmaster post processors have. It is a lot easier to troubleshoot a post processor based on Mpez than one based on Mpfan or Mpmaster.

One thing on the centurian 4 controller the cutter comp that lucky 7 was talking about:

This refers to auto cutter comp left, right and off. Basically when turning your cutter comp on on a linear move it looks at the next move and places the cutter edge at the beginning of the next x y position instead of the cutter being tangent to the initial move and the second move. I probably didn't explain that very well but you don't need to worry about it on the centurian 4, I don't beleive it takes these codes like the centurian 5 and 6 controllers.

Personally I always liked the centurian 5 and 6 controllers and the last five years the machines have become much better.

anyway good luck and thanks Christian, your going out on a limb agreeing with me. biggrin.gif

I'd like to thank everyone of you for your help with this. I'm just getting started with all of this and things have not been going real smoth yet. I think it's because I have such an old machine. (1986 Milltronics Partner IV with Centurion IV controller)

So if I use the Mpez it should work with the following changes?

I guess just run it and correct the problems in the post as they accure ?

Thanks,

MrRogue

Actually you don't need to change G40, G41, and G42. They will work as is. I don't know if the centurian 4 controller supports the "auto comp" G45, G46, and G47. Talk to your Milltronics dealer, they would know. You will need your drill cycles modified or they won't work. I don't remember what changes need to be made to the drill cycles but I do know the drill cycles on the Centurian 4 need to be formatted differently

good luck

[ 09-24-2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Roger ]