Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM Art

SteveD

I am new to MasterCAM Art. I have started a new session and imported the girl.bmp sample file. I set the view to isometric and maximized the screen. I read in the sales literature that it is a one click to create a 3-D surface from the shading of the picture.

Can anybody point me in the correct direction on exact steps to puff up the image, create a tool path and view in verify? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have not played around with Art that much but

I am pretty sure that the Streaming Teacher site has free training videos for Art.

I think you have to click subscribe and create a login and password, but beyond that,

as far as I know, there is no charge for the Art videos.

I don’t know if it will cover the exact subject you’re looking for

but we use the X2 channel in class and it has been well worth it.

http://www.streamingteacher.com//C4_ART/art_home.aspx

I found all of the answers in the Mastercam Art Training Tutorial, chapter 5.

Basically Art has a hook to import grayscale pictures (New art base surfaces from image...), You maximize for contrast, pick a height range, size for your machine, click Art base surface attrigutes and create a bounding box.

After the image is in you use xform in Art to mirror Z and set Active base surf top to z plane.

Pick your machine and set up the cuts with Art toolpath active art base surfaace. Select your tool, post and machine.