Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

convert for dyna machine use

drexen16

hi, i am a student helper at los gatos high school and my teacher gave me the assignment of figuring out a way to be able to use mastercam to mill using DYNA MYTE 2400 machines. basically, we want to use mastercam to make things with DYNA. I know of G1 on the Mastercam X2 toolbar but i want to instead of having it in G format i want to have it in Dyna format. please, reply quickly if you know how to do this or you know of a program that can be used to do this.

thank you

[email protected]

drexen

do you have a post processor file for Dyna, if not get it from your reseller corresponding to the version of mc your are using.

then you have to set the post procesor to dyna post in your machine defn.

for that,

1. settings> control defn >post processors>

add files(select the dyna post)> save the config & close

2. in toolpath manager click files tab under machine> edit, now you can see the default post processor display,go there & pull down & select your dyna post & click OK

now you can output Dyna NC codes when you post

right now im in home;

will give more explanation in by tomorrow morning if you need.......

ok, so i tested the post processor and it all looks good. but when i look closely at the code half of the feed rates are 6.2 which is what i set it to but then the other half are 30. also, when i simulate it on the computer i have hooked up to the dyna machine it doesnt simulate anything. is there any modifacation to it that might fix that. also, do you know how to remove the numbers in front of the code because i have a cutom programed simulator on my computer that recognizes dyna format nc code but it wont work because of all the numbers in front of the code that mastercam gives me. i have about 850 lines and it would be a hassle to remove those every time before i simulate it.

thanks,

drexen16

• 3 weeks later...

In the Control Definition, there is an option to "output sequence numbers (n numbers)". You will want to disable that.

When you say "hooked up to the computer", how are you interfacing? Does your Dyna have the little controller boxes that you program manually by typing in the lines? I think you might need another program to act as a controller for the machine if you want to run it from the computer directly.

Mastercam has the ability to drip feed a program to a control (also called DNC; Direct Numerical Control), but it does not have the ability to act as a controller for a CNC machine.