Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Instructor problems

John Q

Hey guys why are there so few post on the instructor side. Is it because not many schools use MasterCam or like me I tend to look on the industry forum. Do you guys get most of the help you need from your dealer? It would be nice to share ideas and problems with other instructors.

Like what do you guys think about the certification training? How many of you guys teach 5 axis mill programmning and operation. We have 5 semesters of MasterCam training and we keep up with the latest versions. I also teach other software so when I have problems I need help fast. I am concerned about getting answers to my problems. What other resources do you guys use.

Most people get answers from the main forum. A lot of information can be found just by searching. I taught Mastercam for a while, both in College and professionally for the Washington State Mastercam reseller. The hardest thing for me was developing a good cirriculum. There are a few out there that you can buy, but our college had no money for purchasing something commercial. I found myself spending too much of my own personal time creating something that I wasn't getting paid for.

For certification, it is something I am seriously looking into. I was skeptical at first, then I learned that one was held recently for some instructors (so they could be certified) and something like 35% failed.

This is good in my mind, because it shows who can really program a "Mill level 1" part. The test is timed. I think it would be awesome if you not only passed, but had the option of CNC Software posting a list of certified programmers and their scores (optional maybe?). I know I'd like to take the Pepsi® challenge and see where I stand as a programmer.

Keep in mind that Level 1 is the only certification available at the moment. I would love to see what they are going to come up with for levels 2, 3, and multiaxis.

Like I said, I was skeptical at first, but I'm getting ready to pony up the dough out of my own pocket to take the test.

• 8 months later...
Guest Tyler Yanta

quote:

Hey guys why are there so few post on the instructor side. Is it because not many schools use MasterCam or like me I tend to look on the industry forum. Do you guys get most of the help you need from your dealer? It would be nice to share ideas and problems with other instructors.

quote:

Most people get answers from the main forum. A lot of information can be found just by searching.

The number of recent posts in this forum is not so much a result of the number of schools using or not using Mastercam, but rather those schools not necessarily knowing this forum exists. Of course what Colin said is also true.

In the near future we will be concentrating a bit more on promoting this forum so instructors can do just that - share ideas and problems with each other. Stay tuned!