Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC9sp1 Solid Rocks!!!

Fig sign

Wow!!! smile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

I made a rather complex mould project with mc9sp1

Solids !

And I start to relate to MC Solids very different now .

A lot of improvements !!It is now stronger with a lot of enhancements!

It is not free of bugs and sometimes limited but I feel that for many times there is no need

for the stuff like Solidworks now.

And the fun is that I managed to do a work that a guy from Cimatron didn`t !

Long live Mastercam and let it RoCk FoReVeR!

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Hi ,kwolf! smile.gif

It is cimatron E.

Nevertheless that guy yesterday managed to do it also.

Cimatron E is very powerful especially in Cad

But I don`t like their Cam way of thinking .

And I think that mastercam still remains in Cam side more powerful than Cimatron.

And the big factor is personal preference.

I like Mastercam.

You can learn it from stretch by yourself , it is so simple and so shokingly powerfull the same time.

Here in Israel Cimatron is dominant and to stay with Mastercam is a constant fight where you must always stay on the top.

They tried to replace me Mc with Cimatron a couple of times now without success! smile.gif

quote:

I feel that for many times there is no need for the stuff like Solidworks now.

When I started I had to have three sims.

Cadkey to draw 3-d CADL's,Surfcam to write 3-d inc files, then Mastercam to post it.

The day that I was able to do a complex mold in Mastercam without having to use anything else,I never looked back.

I am convinced that you are right.Solid works does a few things we can't, but they can't even drill a hole. Two version's from now our stuff will be stronger, and they will still not be able to drill a hole. Support Mastercam buy being a registered user, and together the Mastercam team will smoke all the other team's. cheers.gif

[ 10-01-2002, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Dear Mr. Bond,

I don't know who told you that Solidworks will "drill holes" for you? Don't believe it, and don't count on it either.

English government hire 007 was not for MasterCam programming; your boss hire you is not for being a super spy even though you both last name is Bond.

Solidworks is for design and MasterCam Solid is for machine cutting even though they both name is Solid.

Solidworks solid is much better because it makes living with that (CAD) while MasterCam puts most its money on the machine cutting (CAM).

quote:

together the MasterCam team will smoke all the other team's.

What teams are you talking about?

MasterCam is (not "will be") the #1 in its own league. Pro-e, UG, CATIA... are in the different league. And there will not have a "World Series". eek.gif

Sorry, there is no "one size fits all" software and never be one in this World.

MasterCam will smoke all the other teams (CAD, CAM, CMM)??????? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I don't know---. redface.gifredface.gif

Hey David It was nothing.

My Post had nothing to do with you.

I am sorry.

I was just happy to read plasttav's possitive post. And I guess I got carried away, with the ""team thing"", What ever was I thinking.

So anyhow ,,how are you?

Are you O.K. with the Avater thing?

Are you still a Pirate?

I am Scott Bond,,,Who the hell Are You?

[ 10-01-2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

quote:

Are you O.K. with the Avater thing?

Are you still a Pirate?

I am Scott Bond,,,Who the hell Are You?

Well, well, well,

Mr. Bond, don't act like a mad dog. Be civilized please.

Please report me if you think I am a Pirate. I have e-mail and website under my name and my company name along with address and telephone #. You might get $100,000.00 award. biggrin.gif

I don't care who you are! Who am I is not your business. I am not your buddy and don't want to make friends with a "Saint". Do you want my simm # and my dealer's name? Ask webmaster. I will give to them (if I have to) not you, Mister nosy. eek.gif

Yes, we have different points of view. But it should not lead a personal attacking. Avater dose not give you right to slander other member who has a different opion with you.

If you say is a joke, it is not funny!! You are very rude! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Please don't do it again to anybody in this forum. It is not nice.

[ 10-02-2002, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: David S ]

David Buddy ;;

quote:

Yes, we have different points of view. But it should not lead a personal attacking.

If you say is a joke, it is not funny!! You are very rude!

David Buddy ;;

What is this post about?

Did you read this before you sent it?

Do you have a clue to how offensive your post was?

If you read it now can you see where at least some of these things could appear to be rude, mainly just the parts that reference ::::::::::::::::::::::

My name

My Boss

My nationality

My knowledge that solid works is a cad software

The diff. between CAM CAD CMM

Why I was hired .

My team spirit

And here's some more---

And yes I think Mastercam has Pro-e, UG, CATIA in reach .

I thought and I still think that my reply to plasttav's post was totally a positive one, and I am still taken back with your reply to it.

Could you please tell me what you are trying to achieve? let me repeat the last sentence . Could you please tell me what you are trying to achieve?

quote:

Dear Mr. Bond,

I don't know who told you that Solidworks will "drill holes" for you? Don't believe it, and don't count on it either.

English government hire 007 was not for MasterCam programming; your boss hire you is not for being a super spy even though you both last name is Bond.

Solidworks is for design and MasterCam Solid is for machine cutting even though they both name is Solid.

Solidworks solid is much better because it makes living with that (CAD) while MasterCam puts most its money on the machine cutting (CAM).

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

together the MasterCam team will smoke all the other team's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What teams are you talking about?

MasterCam is (not "will be") the #1 in its own league. Pro-e, UG, CATIA... are in the different league. And there will not have a "World Series".

Sorry, there is no "one size fits all" software and never be one in this World.

MasterCam will smoke all the other teams (CAD, CAM, CMM)???????

I don't know---.

--------------------

Davids I am sorry to say that I have seen you attack him more then once and I feel for no reason.

As I am reading this set of posts I see you attacked him first and then he came back.

The team thought is that all of us MC users are a team.

This is a good thought not an attack.

quote:

Be civilized please.

I agree on this thought for both of you.

quote:

Yes, we have different points of view. But it should not lead a personal attacking.

Now!!! this is true. That is what makes the forum a great place is the different points of view.

So I have to ask why did you go after him in your earler post?

[ 10-02-2002, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

quote:

Could you please tell me what you are trying to achieve? let me repeat the last sentence . Could you please tell me what you are trying to achieve?

quote:

So I have to ask why did you go after him in your earler post?

Scott,

Now, I know why are you so upset.

My point is "Solidworks solid is much better because it makes living with that (CAD) while MasterCam puts most its money on the machine cutting (CAM)."----People judge softwares should be fair .

It is realy had nothing to do with you. If the way I used to bring out the point offended you, I sincerly apologize to you. I did not mean it.

quote:

Davids I am sorry to say that I have seen you attack him more then once and I feel for no reason.

Jay, you may be right, but I can't recall any. confused.gif

Anyway, I looked at my old posts. Yes, I think I should change my style. I "attcked" Webmaster, Jay, James, Jack, Grag, Eric, thad ...might be Scott. I made a lot of enemies. redface.gif Guys I am sorry! Trust me there was nothing personal. biggrin.gif I am ready to take beating from you guys.

Well, like many people said :" This forum is a big family". I should be warmer and sweeter! cool.gif

I will try. You will see Mr. Nice Guy. cheers.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 10-02-2002, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: David S ]

quote:

I am ready to take beating from you guys.

Dave no need . It's all good. cheers.gif

[ 10-02-2002, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]