Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling cycle

Thad

I would like to use a drilling cycle that allows for a first peck depth that differs (deeper) from the rest. If I select "custom cycle 9" these options are available. When I post it, I get no drilling cycle. Here is my program:

%

O0001

("DIE")

N100G53

N102G80G40G90G44

N104G73Z46.

N106G57H901

N108T18

( "TOOL NUMBER: 18 " )

N110(drill 2.375 m60.3 dia magic drill)

N112M06

N114G173W-4.0

N116G11I0J0K0

N118G01F300.0X31.375Y-10.875S1700M03

N120G43H18Z6.5

N122M08

N124G80

N126G10

N128M09

N130G40G80M05

N132G73Z46.M19

N134M30

N136M00

%

Is this a post problem? How can I get my desired output. Using V8.1.1...ignore my sig.

Thad

Just read the help file on this. It appears that changes need to be made to the .pst and .txt files for this to work. I'll contact my dealer.

I can't believe that MC doesn't have a standard drilling cycle to do this. Am I missing something?

Thad

what machine/control are you using. look into your machine manuals for the type of drilling cycle you want and the way it is coded for the machine to read. then repost here. there are many different types of drill cycles for the operation you call for and depending on the control in use. you need to find out which code your machine will read.

My primary concern is a Toshiba boring mill with Tosnuc 888 control. We also have an Okuma VMC with Fanuc 11M control, but we're concentrating on the boring mill first. Possibly a G77 or G78?

Thad

[ 10-01-2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

G78 looks pretty good. It's a variable peck drilling cycle. I would define the initial peck size (Q) and the "reducing value" (K). But there is nothing to tell it the smallest peck size to use.

I NEED to have the ability to define the first peck depth. I also NEED to define one of these two possiblities... Ability to define the depth of the rest of the pecks (all the same peck depth) OR the ability to define a reducing value and minimum peck.

Thad

Thanks for the link, Keith. I did a search for the variable names in that link and came up empty. I looked around the drilling section of the post. It didn't seem like something that I could do myself. I'll work with my dealer on this one. First, I'll have to figure out exctly what it is that I want. Thank you all for your replies.

Thad