Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing drafting

fatboy3

Unfair question - and even worse, an unfair response – thus far.

The current standards are Acad 2002 & Mechanical Desktop ver6, this will eminently change on a moments notice.

The problem with all engineering software is that by the time one works with others, the software inherently becomes obsolete.

I have struggled with this quandary for years – and you know what? – I always will.

Just do your best – the drawing and modeling standards change so fast – that nobody has the expertise that you’re seeking for anymore than two weeks.

We are simply doing the best that we can – as are the software and converter experts.

Stick with Sat from AutoDesk – it’s the best bet for the last three years and likely the next year as well; who knows? Nobody!

Please don’t get me wrong, this is a very positive post, for I am constantly learning these converters, software programs, and the like.

No offense meant – just an analogy of a frequently posted question.

Regards, Jack