Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drafting

mmetzinger

quote:

. I don't want to have to add the text on each dimension separately. Is there an easy way to do this?

I don't think there will be an easy way. You could try*** Globals --settings-- +/-

Then in Multi edit/toleracing text-- You could cut and paste in your note as a tolerance . This way it will place your note in the right place on the screen.

quote:

Roger, you're probably thinking of Autodim which was an automatic ordinate dimensioning c-hook. It is now in create-drafting-dimension-ordinate-window.

I remember that one, which worked well, but this one also had wireframe of shcs and such in it also. Somebody has to know what I am thinking of I think it was avail in V7, or maybe V8.

quote:

Scott your Idea only work with one edit at a time.

the multy thought was a good thought unless you can tell me some thing I may be doing wrong.

The multi edit doesn't offer any new options, it only let's us change our minds of what options we choose .

Again this is only what I do, if a rash develops discontinue use::

Globals --settings-- change (((none)))to((( +/-)))

The +/- will be next to all the dimensions that you want your common note to be on.

Then in Multi edit/toleracing text-- You could cut and paste in your note where the tolerance was.This way it will place your note in the right place on the screen.

Hi Jay,, This works for my shop skeches.

While in globles;; I am saying just turn on the plus -minus( don't use none). Globles will not let me type in a word inplace of +/-. But after I make all the demesions that need my note on,Multi edit will let me paste over the tolerance,still one at a time, but it's just what I have found to work the best.

quote:

I never know you, it could of been some thing I didn't know.

Oh My;;;;;;; At this point, I don't think that would be possible. biggrin.gif

Ok this is what I have been doing,

While in globles;; I am saying just turn on the plus -minus( don't use none). Globles will not let me type in a word inplace of +/-. But after I make all the demesions that need my note on,Edit text"y" will let me paste over the tolerance,still one at a time,But we will get something better next go-round. cheers.gif